Scientific Debate Student Acitivity Unit
Pertamina University Scientific Debate Student Activity Unit (UKM) was established with the goal to accommodate Pertamina University students who are interested in discussing various Scientific issues through different perspectives with logical and systematic evidence and arguments, without depreciating others.
Pertamina University Scientific Debate Student Activity Unit (UKM) has three sub-activities consisting of:
- Debate and its procedure where members will be introduced to the procedures of scientific debate which is often implemented in national and international competitions
- Speeches and Rhetoric where members will be taught on how to compose and deliver excellent speeches and rhetoric which is closely related to the way an argument is conveyed in Scientific Debate activities.
- Basics of Logic and Critical Thinking where members will be introduced in the importance of critical and logical thinking skills and how to implement them when they are compiling their arguments in the Scientific Debate.
So what are you waiting for? Join us at Pertamina University Scientific Debate Student Activity Unit (UKM) “Don’t Raise Your Voice, Improve Your Argument.”
- 1st Place in National Debate Competition at ICFEST 2017, held by the Faculty of Industrial Engineering under University of Riau.
- 2nd Place in Debate Competition in 2017 Debate and Poster Competition at Yogyakarta State University